Are you looking for a larger chicken coop, but don’t want to commit to a fixed structure? Do you need space for your flock to spread their wings? Would you like a chicken coop that doesn’t look like one? If so, consider our Brentwood model. The Brentwood will provide a comfortable space for four to six hens.
- Upper portion consists of one solid side, the other three sides are all doors!
- Uppers doors are fully interchangeable. You get two solid panels and two mesh, so that you can mix and match depending on your requirements.
- Upper doors allows for hen nesting box access, so that you can easily collect your delicious eggs.
- Modular construction designed to keep birds cool in summer — face the solid wall of the unit to the South, and the solid panel doors toward the West.
- Large open space inside allows for modular roost setup.
- Ramp included to help birds move from ground to the nest boxes.
- Pitched roof with rafter construction. Center rafter space meshed to allow for ventilation. No pockets of hot air at the roof line.
- Space under pitch of roof can be used for storage, using the two upper storage access doors. Enough space to hold tools and feed.
- Lower portion is completely meshed, for excellent ventilation. Two fixed mesh sides and two sliding mesh doors.
- Two lower doors allow for one to be used for food/water access, the other will open to the range or the run (optional).
- Half inch “hardware cloth” used for all mesh surfaces. Better protection from predators than traditional poultry netting.
- All lumber is fully sealed with food-safe linseed oil. (Linseed is often given as a food supplement to birds — no toxic chemicals.)
- Galvanized roof is highly reflective, held in place with silicon sealed screws, and can be easily replaced if damaged.
- Open bottom so that fertilizer drops directly to the ground. Move the coop occasionally, or lay down bedding.
- With door slides installed this unit is 37 inches wide by 72 inches long.
- Overhands of roof rafters make unit 48 inches wide at the roof line.
- 60 inches tall at the highest point, with roof sloping to 48 inches. Lots of interior room for the birds to spread their wings.
- Our largest model, but can be lifted by two people, though recommended for infrequent moving.
- Will fit through a 48″ fence gate opening (with roof installed), or lifted over a 4 foot fence by two people.
The Brentwood Chicken Coop is $875, plus tax.
Our Chicken Coops are made to order and are normally available within ten (10) business days. If you are interesting in our products, please send us an e-mail or give us a call at the Shop or the Office. Please leave a message if we don’t answer — we sometimes don’t hear the phone over the sound of saws.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail or call us. We’re happy to help.